Saturday, October 25, 2014

New Hampshire weekend getaway

Polly's Pancake Parlor, Sugar Hill, NH.
In July Kevin and I went up north to see some family from Texas and North Carolina that came up for a vacation in New Hampshire.  So to explain the situation: My dad's oldest brother lives in Sugar Hill New Hamphsire.  My dad's second older brother lives in Dallas Texas.  This uncle loves to visit New Hampshire at least once a year, usually in September.  But they wanted to do a family vacation this year because my cousin recently moved to NC.  Most of my uncle from Texas's family was able to come up to New  Hampshire for two weeks.  So to add to the family my uncle in New Hampshire has two of his three kids living up there as well.  And all but one of my cousins that were there that weekend have children as well.  Kevin and I were only there for a weekend, but it was really nice to get away for a weekend.

Kevin and I stayed with my cousin EB.  She has a little boy and he is adorable!  We really love staying with them.  We get to hang out with my cousin, her husband, her little boy, and her extra lovable golden retriever Kebler.  Their house is beautiful and their back yard view is the White Mountains.  It's so beautiful up there.
My cousin's dog Kebler.  He's so loveable.  Even though he's an older dog he still romps like a puppy.
The day after we arrived we went for a short hike in Lincoln, NH.  It's called the Lincoln Woods Trail off of route 112.  There were so many people there that day.  There was this group of trail runners that didn't seem too serious about what they were doing.  They ran past us and then stopped 100 feet in front of us and "adjusted" them selves.  One of them wasn't wearing socks...  They kept running then stopping the whole time we were there.  We didn't end up staying long because the amount of people was getting to us.  We stopped for a few minutes so I could take some pictures on the river and so we could put our feet in the water.  Holy crap was it cold!!!  And it was JULY!
Kevin and I taking a break along the Pemigewasset River.
After our hike we got some lunch at the Black Mountain Burger Co. in Lincoln, NH.  The burgers hit the spot.  I was pretty hungry.  I think we ended up being a little late to dinner at my aunt and uncles because of this.  That's okay though.  We got to see everyone and ate some more of course.  It was nice to catch up with my cousin that recently moved to NC.  We weren't able to get an invitation to him in time for the wedding.  But he ended up telling us because of the kids they probably wouldn't have been able to swing it anyway.

Our cold beers at Black MTN Burger Co.
This photo doesn't do the moon justice.  It was huge and really bright orange.  I took this from my cousin's back deck.

The next morning we had breakfast at Polly's with a few of the cousins and then we headed up to Littleton to shop at some of our favorite stores.  There are a few thrift and antique stores we like to frequent, there's a fun farmers' market, and of course there's Chutter's candy store.  It's always a good time going to visit my family in New Hampshire.  I would definitely move back to New Hampshire if I was given the choice/chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment