Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Disappointments...

Well today on my to-do list was to register for the Mystic Outdoor Art Festival.  Well come to find out you have to have a CT tax ID number to sell there.  Well it's another $100 to register your business and get that tax ID number.  So let's do some math here: $260 (for registering before March 31st) + $25 (Jury fee) + $100 (CT business registration fee) = $385.  That's a week pay for me...  That's just way too much money right now.  Therefore, I will not be doing the Mystic Art Festival this year.  I'm wicked disappointed about this.  People keep telling me how much they bank doing that fair.  Well if you don't have the "bank" to pay to even be there, how the HELL are you supposed to make that bank. I guess there's always next year or the year after because of our wedding.  I should just sigh and say someday like I always do.  God, I'm such a disappointment.

Even though I'm really mad at myself for not doing this fair, I will be doing the Mekliem Kiln Works Arts and Wellness Fair in Bozrah, CT.  The website isn't updated yet for this year, but hopefully soon it will be.

In other news I will be doing Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis this year with my Kevin and some other friends and family.  Our team name is Team Walken and our goal is pretty high this year due to my 4 year old niece that got diagnosed this month with Crohn's Disease.  Not to mention I have it and some of our other friends work with someone that has Crohn's too.  So we have plenty of reasons this year to raise the funds for research and help to those with the diseases.  So if you feel inclined to do so please donate to our cause to find a cure for these diseases.  We walk May 11th so there's only about two months to raise the money.

Here's a new picture to please your peepers:

Taken on Lonesome Lake or the Ridge trail on Cannon Mt. 2012
I can't remember which it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment