Sunday, March 3, 2013

New year... New stuff... New opportunities!

Yet again I haven't written in a very long time.  I swore I would be better at this.  I have failed miserably already!  So here I am again in a slump.  I still haven't finished a commission that was due for Christmas as a family Christmas gift for my friend.  I don't like what I've painted.  I have a new idea for it, but am too chicken to make the first mark to cover up my old idea.  I have huge issues!  I'm worried it's going to turn out how the old idea did... a stand still mess!  I just need to make the first mark and I'll be fine.

I got engaged on Christmas day so I've been busy doing wedding stuff.  BUT we have a ton of money to raise to pay for the wedding.  So I'm going to try to sell my wares this summer in two art fairs.  One I did last year and was kind of a bust.  I am hoping this year will be better weather and therefore better sales.  Plus I have come away with a lot of good ideas from other vendors' set ups.  I hope my presentation will help with my sales as well.  It costs money to make my booth presentable, but hopefully it will be worth it.  I bought a mannequin head form and a wig to sell my barrettes.  I'm hopefully going to get some peg board panels from my dad to make a whole wall for display instead of a 4 x 4 makeshift stand display.

So the first art fair is the Arts and Wellness Fair at the Meiklem Kiln Works in Bozrah, CT 7/27/13.  The second fair I'm going to do is the Mystic Art Festival.  This one is a two day event: August 10, 2013 and August 11, 2013.

In my spare time I've been trying to make more barrettes.  The past two days I've been going through my recent binder of negatives to see if there are any shots worth selling.  So far I've found a couple.  We'll see how that turns out.  I have a lot of matting to do before July!

I hope people reading this know about our local art festivals and will be supporting them this year.  Even if you just go to look, you're seeing artists work and just that means something to the artist.  I am so grateful to businesses in our area that show local artists on their walls.  Places like the Green Marble in Mystic, Sweetie's in New London,  Mrs. B's in Norwichtown just to name a few that plaster their walls with artists work for sale.  So to end this little rant, support your local art scene.  Send the artist a message if you like their work and why, it would make their day!

Engagement photo shoot 2007
Watch Hill Beach, Westerly RI

Taken on the Pemi Trail at the base of Cannon Mt. in Franconia, NH

Senior portrait photo shoot in Jewett City, CT 2006


No comments:

Post a Comment