Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wedding stresses and carrer choices...

Today I had great intentions of getting a lot of things done.  Now it started off really well.  I put a load of laundry in and went for a walk.  Great start, right?!?  Only a start though.  I am the type of person that gets easily distracted and avoids things that are a mess.  My kitchen is a mess at the minute.  I've tried for two days now to get it clean and with little luck because life just happens.  So the kitchen is probably a little more messy than I left it yesterday.  I did some ironing, wich is good.  Not as much as I hoped, but some...  I started my friend's barrette today and restarted it three times.  I'm so frustrated I have stopped.  I need to go get more thread because I ran out.  I have a plan in place to redo the bow AGAIN!  It'll be quicker because I'm going to use my sewing machine instead of hand sewing it all.  I could have done 5 today in the time it took me to redo this thing three times and it's still not done!

Wedding plans are coming a long, but Kevin and I are stuck on caterers...  I got in touch with the third one today, the guy sounds nice.  He's totally into his job.  He was nice and said we didn't have to drive all the way out there in providence.  We can just do a phone consultation.  I'm worried this place is wicked pricey.  They want a 500 dollar deposite to hold the day if we choose them.  We'll see though, we've got to pick things from their online menues and he'll price it for us.

I've been trying to think of other decorations this week.  For instance we're going to have birds in our decorations.  I found this on a website that I guess kids made...  Paper mache birds I think is probably going to be the simplest way to go.  I know we want to have all the birds that we have in our yard at the wedding.


 So this proposes another question... How much do we want of this in our wedding.  So I was looking at wedding card boxes.  Our wedding planner has a birdcage she said we could use, but I don't really like that idea... It's not really us.  I thought of maybe doing a birdhouse?  We could make one we'd put up in the yard after the wedding.

I liked this idea better... I also thought that an old letter mailbox would be awesome too, but I'm finding that they're wicked expensive and/or hard to find.  I like the ones that look like the one near where Newport Creamery was in Mystic village.
Another thing I've been trying to work out is the wedding cake.  I don't really like the idea of a wedding cake, but I've been trying to think of a design that would be cool and would go well with all we're doing.  I like the idea of doing a birch tree, but the ones I've seen are just okay.  I thought it would be awesome if we could make it look like a real tree and put a birdhouse on the tree and maybe a  birds nest too.  

The idea of this one is cool, but I don't know.  I thought it would be sweet to make a tree and a birdhouse out of gingerbread.  So many ideas running around my brain.  I really should get together with our wedding planner and sort them all out.  She visualizes things better than me.  Hope you all are enjoying this beautiful spring day!!  Until next time =0)


No comments:

Post a Comment